Lululemon Athletica inc. released its first Impact Agenda detailing the company’s “long-term strategy to become a more sustainable and equitable business, minimize its environmental impact and accelerate positive change internally and externally.”
The company’s Impact Agenda outlines its multi-year strategies to address social and environmental issues with 12 goals to drive progress. These include targeting areas ranging from diversity and inclusion to mental wellbeing to climate change, with specific commitments to invest U.S. $75 million into equitable wellbeing programs globally by 2025, expand gender pay equity to full pay equity for its employees, and make 100 percent of its products with sustainable materials and end-of-use solutions by 2030.
Lululemon Athletica Inc.
“Lululemon has a unique opportunity, responsibility and platform to drive meaningful change. We share our Impact strategy against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic, a global climate crisis, and systemic inequities in our society,” said Calvin McDonald, Chief Executive Officer. “As a global brand, industry, and as individuals, we must play a part to change the world for the better.”
Building on the Company’s progress and learnings over the past two decades, lululemon’s Impact Agenda brings a new level of ambition that will guide the way the Company approaches and measures its work across all aspects of its business. The strategy is organized into three interconnected areas of focus—Be Human, Be Well, and Be Planet—with 12 goals to drive progress.
1. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action: Reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and operate in around the world by 2025.
2. Employee Leadership Offerings: Be the place where people come to develop and grow as leaders for the world by 2023.
3. Employee Pay Equity: Expand gender pay equity to full pay equity by 2022.
4. People Who Make Our Products: Achieve Fair Labor Association (FLA) accreditation, and make empowerment programs available to more than 100,000 makers across our supply chain by 2025.
5. Wellbeing for All: Provide access to wellbeing tools for more than 10 million people by 2025.
6. Scale Access: Invest US $75 million to advance equity in wellbeing in our global and local communities by 2025.
7. lululemon.org: Establish a lululemon centre of excellence for social impact to support wellbeing by 2021.
8. Sustainable Product Innovation: Make 100 percent of our products with sustainable materials and end-of use solutions, toward a circular ecosystem by 2030.
9. Sustainable Materials: Achieve at least 75 percent sustainable materials for our products by 2025.
10. Circularity: Offer our guests new options to extend the life of our products by 2025.
11. Climate Change: Source 100% renewable electricity to power our own operations by 2021, and reduce carbon emissions across our global supply chain by 60 percent per unit of value added, meeting our Science-Based Targets by 2030.
12. Water and Waste: Reduce freshwater use intensity by 50 percent to manufacture our products, and reduce single-use plastic packaging by 50 percent by 2025.
About lululemon athletica inc.
lululemon athletica inc. (NASDAQ:LULU) is a healthy lifestyle inspired athletic apparel company for yoga, running, training, and most other sweaty pursuits, creating transformational products and experiences which enable people to live a life they love. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional designs, lululemon works with yogis and athletes in local communities for continuous research and product feedback. For more information, visit WWW.LULULEMON.COM.
lululemon athletica inc.
Joseph Teklits/Caitlin Churchill
lululemon athletica inc.